CARROT LEMONADE – serves 6
1 pound carrots, cut into chunks
2 cups water
3 cups unsweetened pineapple juice or white grape juice
4 lemons, juiced
2 cups cold water
- Place carrots in a large sauce pan.
- Add water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes until carrots are tender.
- Cool slightly, but DO NOT DRAIN.
- Transfer to a blender.
- Add 1 cup of the pineapple juice.
- Cover and blend until smooth.
- Stir in remaining pineapple juice and lemon juice.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Mixture may thicken as it chills, whisk in cold water as necessary to reach desired consistency.
- Serve over frozen pineapple chunks with pineapple wedges.