1 1⁄8 cups all purpose flour
¹⁄³ cup powdered sugar
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
½ teaspoon FRESHLY grated nutmeg
½ cup unsalted butter, cubed and softened
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line baking sheet with silicone mat.
- Using your mixer on low speed combine flour, powdered sugar, salt and nutmeg until well blended.
- Increase speed to medium and add butter 1 piece at a time until dough starts to form into a ball.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and shape into a disc.
- Wrap in plastic and chill 30 minutes minimum.
- On a lightly floured surface roll out dough to a 1/8 inch thickness.
- Cut out cookies with a 2 inch cutter and use a metal spatula to place cookies on silicone sheet.
- Return any dough scraps to plastic wrap in the refrigerator .
- Bake 15-18 minutes when edges begin to brown.
- Completely cool in pans before icing.
- Repeat the process with the remaining dough.
1 ½ cups powdered sugar
4 tablespoons prepared eggnog
scant 1 tablespoon Bourbon
LEMON and/or ORANGE zest, for garnish
- Whisk together the sugar, Bourbon and 1 tablespoon of the eggnog at a time, until you have a thin glaze consistency.
- Spread glaze on cookies.
- Garnish with zest.
- Allow icing on cookies to set 30 minutes or until completely set.
- Store in airtight container.