1/2 cup finely chopped candied green cherries
1/2 cup finely chopped candied lemon
1/2 cup finely chopped dried apricots
1/2 cup finely chopped candied ginger
1 cup golden raisins
2+ tablespoons coconut rum*
2+ tablespoons brandy*
2+ tablespoons spiced apple moonshine*
- Toss fruit pieces together with the alcohol and soak for 24 hours. The fruit will soak up the alcohol and make an ooey gooey yummy mess.
1 cup finely chopped walnuts
1 cup flour
- Toss nut pieces with the flour.
- Toss nut mixture with the ooey gooey fruit mess mixture.
- Set aside.
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons HIGH QUALITY cinnamon
1 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground allspice
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, cloves and allspice.
- Set aside.
2 cups finely granulated sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
2 cups applesauce
2 teaspoons PURE vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Grease and flour a 10 tube pan.**
- Cream the butter.
- Add the sugar and blend until uniform in color.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add the applesauce and vanilla until well blended.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture until well blended.
- Fold in fruit and nut mixture until uniform in consistency.
- Bake 60-65 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes on wire rack BEFORE inverting or removing from pan!
*Or flavor choice of your liking
** I like to use many little loaf pans to use for neighbor gifts.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!