1 cup butter, room temperature
1 1/4 cups sugar
3 tablespoons molasses
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
4 ounces crystallized ginger, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup chopped candied lemon
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
4 tablespoons butter. room temperature
2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and ground ginger.
- Toss flour mixture with lemon and ginger pieces. Set Aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine butter, sugar, molasses and egg, beating until creamy.
- Gradually add flour mixture to sugar mixture until well blended.
- Press dough into an un-greased jelly roll pan. (15x10x10).
- Bake 16-24 minutes or until evenly golden brown.
- Top with powdered sugar or cream cheese frosting.