RUSTIC GARLIC JALAPENO CHICKEN & GRAVY
2 tablespoons avocado oil
6-8 chicken thighs
1 head of garlic, minced
2 tablespoons Litehouse Freeze dried Red Jalapenos
1 tablespoons Litehouse Freeze Dried Chives
2 tablespoons Wondra flour
3/4 cup white moscato wine
1 cup chicken broth
1 1/2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
2 tablespoons butter
Fresh Ground Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Add chives and jalapenos to the chicken broth so they can reconstitute. Set aside.
- Heat the avocado oil in an oven proof skillet over medium high heat.
- Pat dry the chicken thighs and brown in oil for about 8-10 minutes, turning regularly until well browned.
- Remove chicken to plate and reduce heat to medium.
- Add garlic and saute' until it begins to brown.
- Add flour and whisk until smooth.
- Add chicken pieces back, cover and bake for 15-20 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove skillet from oven and return to the burner. CAREFUL it will be hot!
- Remove chicken pieces to plate. Tent with foil to keep warm.
- Add in wine and whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in chicken broth, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Reduce heat and simmer until sauce thickens.
- Turn off heat and add butter, whisking until smooth.
- Add chicken pieces back into skillet and coat well with sauce.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or buttered noodles, spooning sauce over top.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!