3 kiwis, peeled and cut into slices
1/8 cup of water
1/8 cup tangerine juice
Zest and juice of one lime (I used lemon)
1 heaping tablespoon of honey
2 tablespoons butter, for sauce
3 tablespoons of butter + 1 tablespoon avocado oil
4 fillets of salmon (mine were skinless which made it so much easier)
Fresh ground Himalayan Pink salt and fresh cracked tri-color pepper, to taste
Savory Spice Shop Supreme Shallot Salt, to taste
- Make sauce first by adding first 6 ingredients in a small saucier pan on a low to medium fire until it becomes almost the consistency of a thin honey - about 30 minutes.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butte and avocado oil in heavy pan. I use my porcelain cast iron pan.
- Sear salmon fillets in a hot pan.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper & Shallot Salt on the flesh side of the fish and place skin side down first for 2 minutes.
- Turn fillets gently, sprinkle with seasoning again and sear flesh side for another 2 minutes.
- Remove skin and place that side of fish down in the plate - the other side is a tempting golden color.
- Top with sauce on individual plates.