HOBO CHICKEN CASSEROLE
2 cups cooled cooked white rice
4 boneless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
4 cups broccoli pieces
1 bunch green onions, sliced thin
1/2 cup ranch dressing
12 ounces cheddar cheese curds
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
fresh ground salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
top with crushed crackers of choice (I like Keebler butter and Ritz mixed) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Melt the butter in heavy saucepan.
- Blend in flour and salt. Cook until bubbly.
- Remove from heat and gradually stir or whisk in milk.
- Return to heat and cook, constantly stirring until smooth and thickened.
- Cool slightly and then whisk in ranch dressing.
- In a large mixing bowl toss together the rice, chicken pieces, green onions and broccoli pieces.
- Sprinkle with fresh ground salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.
- Fold in cheese curds and soup mixture until well coated.
- Spray baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour casserole into baking dish.
- Bake 30 minutes or until chicken is done.
Sound good. Questions though. Do you cook the chicken or mix raw? What are cheddar cheese curds?ReplyDelete
You use raw, bite size chunks. You can find cheddar cheese curds in most deli sections of major grocers, but they are basically ball chunks of cheese about the size of a marble. You could probably use about 2 cups of grated cheese instead, but I prefer the way the curds melt. I hope this helped.Delete
You're Welcome :DReplyDelete