HARVEST MUFFINS yields 24 muffins
2 cups flour
1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
1/2 teaspoon salt
*2 cups finely shredded carrots
*1 cup finely shredded apples
1/2 cup golden raisins#
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon PURE vanilla
1/2 cup walnut pieces (optional)
1 recipe Coconut Streusel (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line muffin tins with cupcake papers.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, apple pie spice and salt.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, oil, vanilla and milk.
- Fold in carrots, apples, raisins and walnuts..
- Add egg mixture all at once to the flour mixture, stirring JUST to combine.
- Spoon mixture into cupcake liners about 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle with coconut streusel.
- Bake 22-25 minutes or until golden and plump.
- Cool 10-15 minutes before frosting.
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup COLD butter, diced
1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Combine flour and brown sugar.
- Add butter using a pastry blender until coarse crumbs.
- Add coconut and blend well.
ORANGE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 tablespoon orange juice
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
3 cups powdered sugar
- In a medium bowl beat cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Add lemon juice and vanilla. Beat until blended.
- Add powdered sugar gradually until well blended, smooth and desired consistency.
*or any combination of your choosing
NOTE: # On a personal note I like to soak golden raisins in Malibu rum before making this recipe. Be sure to drain them well before adding to the batter.
These sound amazing Tamy!! ;)ReplyDelete
Thanks - they are my go to comfort muffins. I love the moist delicious bites of fruits and veggies along with the crunch of the nuts.Delete
Oh, wow! These look and sound delicious! I love hearty muffins, especially when there's lots of "stuff" in them. And the Orange Cream Cheese Frosting? YUM! Pinning now... Thanks for a great recipe!ReplyDelete
Enjoy! We're just finishing a batch and I'm going to make another. They are perfect for breakfast or snack around here.Delete