ROASTED PEPPER BEEF GOULASH
1 1/2 pounds skirt or flank steak cut diagonally into 3-4 inch strips
3 pieces bacon, cooked crisp, save grease
1 large Walla Walla onion, halved and sliced thin
8 small sweet red, yellow and orange peppers roasted and sliced* (save a few for garnish)
4 cups beef broth
1/4 cup tomato paste
2 tablespoons Worcestershire
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons Penzey's Sweet Paprika
1 1/2 pounds baby potatoes halved
1 tablespoon Avocado oil
Fresh ground salt and black pepper
- Add the avocado oil to bacon grease over medium high heat in a large skillet.
- Lightly dredge the steak pieces in Wondra.
- Add steak to hot oil, salt and peppering generously, browning both sides well, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer meat to cutting board and cut into bite sized pieces. Keep warm.
- Add onions and pepper slices to oil stirring until onions are soft.
- Whisk together the beef broth, tomato paste, paprika and vinegar.
- Add broth mixture and potatoes to the onions bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Add meat back in and heat through.
- Serve with veggie, pepper rings and sour cream.
NOTE: When I'm in a hurry I halve the potatoes in advance and store them in the broth mixture. This is also good using egg noodles instead of potatoes.
TRICK: I like to use 2 pans so the meat and the sauce art are ready about the same time - the meat can get tough otherwise.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!