BROKEN BALINESE CHICKEN
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 cup brown sugar
freshly ground Salt and black pepper
2 limes, sliced
- In a food processor, combine the garlic,
chiles,shallots, ginger and turmeric and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add the 1/4 cup of avocado oil and pulse to a fine paste.
- Transfer the paste to a small skillet and add the brown sugar cooking over moderate heat, stirring, until fragrant and lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Let the paste cool completely and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Uncover chicken and bring to room temperature while oven is heating.
- Add lime pieces.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until cooked through.