SLOW COOKER CARNITAS
3-4 pounds pork shoulder, cut into several pieces
1 bottle green taco sauce
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 can original Rotel tomatoes
1 can chopped green chiles
Fresh ground Sea Salt and Black Pepper
1 large Vidalia onion, chopped
1 cup water
- Place onion pieces in bottom of slow cooker.
- Pour Rotel tomatoes and green chiles over onions.
- Add pork pieces.
- GENEROUSLY salt and pepper pork.
- Whisk together water and taco sauce.
- Pour taco sauce over top of pork pieces.
- Cover and cook 6-8 hours on high until meat shreds.
- Remove from crock pot (reserving 1/2 cup of liquid) and shred all your meat.
1/2 cup liquid from crock pot
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Whisk together the milk and cooking liquid.
- Place shredded meat on a cookie sheet.
- Pour liquid over meat shreds.
- Bake 45 minutes until meat begins to crisp.
sliced green onions