They are both good, but I think I'm partial to the Banana Pumpkin.APPLE (BANANA) PUMPKIN BRULEE' TART serves 8+
1 batch of your favorite pie dough
2 cups pumpkin pure'e or 1 cup pumpkin pure'e, 1 ripe banana and 3/4 cup chunky applesauce
2 large eggs
3 large egg yolks
1 1/2 cups half and half
3/4 cup sugar plus caramelizing sugar
3/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon cloves
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Prepare and measure dough to 2-7 x 16 inches pieces.
- Lay dough over 4 x13 tart pan with removable bottom. DO NOT PUSH INTO PAN - this may crack your crust. Gently lift and lower dough into tart pan careful to form corners.
- Trim edges flush with pan.
- Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit into tart pan.
- Place tart pan on cookie sheet.
- Fill with pie weights and bake 25-30 minutes until begins to brown.
- Let cool to lukewarm, remove pie weights and parchment paper.
- Blend together, the pumpkin, eggs, half & half, sugar, salt, ginger, cloves and cinnamon.
- Pour into tart.
- Pour custard mixture into tart.
- Reduce to 325°.
- Bake tart 30 minutes or until custard is set and starts to puff.
- Cool 1 hour.
- Chill at least 2 hours.
- Sprinkle generously with sugar.
- Pass flame of kitchen torch over sugar until golden and melting.
- Let sugar cool until hard.
- Cut into pieces.