1 jar Zucchini relish
8 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2 cups buttermilk
Flour for dredging
salt and pepper to taste
coconut oil for frying
- Poke each piece of chicken with a fork.
- Add chicken and zucchini relish to a large ziploc bag.
- Chill 3 hours.
- Remove chicken from brine, scraping off chunks of relish. Chill until ready to fry.
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Dredge chicken pieces through the buttermilk and then the flour, patting the flour into all the crevices.
- Add chicken to oil cooking until golden on both sides.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and buttermilk cream gravy.
***Original recipe called for:
1 tablespoon toasted yellow mustard seeds
1 tablespoon toasted brown mustard seeds
1 1/2 tablespoons toasted coriander seeds
1 cup apple cider vinegar
2/3 cup kosher salt
1/3 cup sugar
1/ cup chopped fresh dill
BUTTERMILK CREAM GRAVY
4 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup Wondra flour
1 container KNORR chicken gel bouillon
1 cup water
1 cup buttermilk
Fresh ground salt and black pepper, to taste
- Whisk together the bouillon gel and water until smooth.
- Add buttermilk until well blended. Set Aside.
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add flour, whisking until golden and smooth.
- Gradually add buttermilk mixture and bring to a SLOW boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until thickening begins.
- Salt and pepper to desired taste.
5 cups shredded zucchini
1 cup chopped Vidalia onion
1 cup red pepper
1 cup green pepper
2 1/2 tablespoons salt
2 cups water
1 tablespoon celery seed
2 1/2 teaspoons turmeric
2 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
1 1/4 cup white or apple cider vinegar
- Whisk together the spices and sugar. Set aside.
- Toss together zucchini, onion, red and green peppers.
- Sprinkle with salt and toss again.
- Pour 2 cups water over top.
- Soak over night.
- Drain and rinse WELL! (I use a cheesecloth to gently wring out remaining water from the veggies.
- Add veggies to a large pot.
- Add spice mixture and vinegar, stirring to coat.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 25-30 minutes until veggies are soft.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars and water bath 10 minutes.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!