*2 pound ground chuck
4-6 tablespoons Classico sun dried tomato pesto(can also use Hunt's tomato paste)
2 medium eggs
1 KNORR beef bouillon gel
1/2 cup milk or cream
1/2 cup moscato wine
2 cups fine bread crumbs
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups finely chopped celery
1 large Vidalia onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley (I used 1 tablespoon parsley paste)
Fresh ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Whisk eggs, milk, wine, bouillon and tomato pesto together.
- With your hands blend together the meat, egg mixture, bread crumbs, onions, garlic, parsley and celery just until mixed.
- Shape into loaf pan.
- Bake 1 to 1 1/2 hours until cooked through.
- Carefully drain and retain liquid from meatloaf for the gravy.
1/2 cup Wondra flour
Beef broth, red wine and/or drippings from meat loaf for your favorite combo of 2 cups total
Fresh ground salt and black pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat.
- Whisk in flour, cooking until golden.
- Slowly whisk in broth/pan juices, increasing heat to medium and whisking constantly until gravy comes to slow boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer gravy to desired consistency.
- Season to taste.