1 pound chicken wings and/or drumettes
1 can Old El Paso chopped green chiles, drained
1/2 cup Frank's Original Red Hot Sauce
1 cup Smucker's Orange Marmalade or Apricot Pineapple Jam
1 cup King Arthur flour
1 stick Crisco
1 stick organic butter
salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 + 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Melt Crisco stick and butter together in a large skillet over a medium high heat.
- Add flour to a gallon size ziploc bag.
- Add chicken pieces and toss to coat.
- Add chicken pieces to oil, but do not crowd.
- Salt and pepper generously and then sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon sugar.
- Cook until wings begin to bleed before turning.
- Season again and sprinkle remaining sugar.
- Cook until browned all over.
- Add jam, hot sauce and green chiles to small food processor, processing until smooth.
- When chicken is completely browned, dip each piece into the sauce and then place on baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes until heated through.
QUINTESSENTIAL MAC & CHEESE
16 ounces pasta, prepared per package
1/3 cup red onion, small dice
Himalayan Pink Salt
Fresh Ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
2 tablespoons organic butter
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup shredded Face Rock Vampire Slayer Cheddar Cheese
1/4 cup extra sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter.
- Add onion, cooking until translucent.
- Add flour, stirring until golden.
- Add cream and stir until smooth.
- Add seasonings, stirring to blend.
- Add cheeses, blending until smooth.
- Toss with cooked pasta and pour into prepared baking dish.
- Top with crumbled Garlic Croutons.
- Bake 30 minutes until heated through.