1 1/2 pounds ripe red vine tomatoes
1 package grape tomatoes, halved
1 large garlic cloves, minced
1 large bunch green onions, sliced thin
2 cups hot water
1 package KNORR chicken stock gel
2 tablespoons cream sherry
1/4 cup milk
salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon fennel seed*
1 tablespoon Litehouse red jalapeno rings*
- Line a cookie sheet with foil.
- Wash and slice tomatoes into large slices.
- Lay tomato slices out of cookie sheet, toss in grape tomato pieces and garlic.
- Salt and pepper the cookie sheet full of tomato pieces.
- Roast for 30-45 minutes until tomatoes are soft and mushy.
- In a large saute' pan melt butter and saute' green onions.
- Add the hot water, KNORR chicken stock gel, Litehouse red jalapeno rings and fennel seed, simmering on low until tomatoes are roasted.
- Tomatoes should be near mush. Using a colander drain off liquid into your saute pan.
- Using a food processor or blender puree' the tomato mixture.
- Add puree to broth mixture and whisk together well.
- Add cream sherry and milk, blending well.
- Top with garlic croutons (recipe below) and a handful of shredded Irish Sweet Cheddar cheese.
*These are my 'secret' ingredients that make ALL the difference .
GARLIC BUTTER CROUTONS
leftover (day old) sourdough bread
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Butter bread on both sides.
- Sprinkle 1 side with garlic powder.
- Cut into pieces and places on cookie sheet.
- Bake until golden and toasted.