BASIC BUTTERMILK PANCAKES
1 cup + 2 tablespoons cake flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
1 large egg, beaten
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar and salt.Set aside.
- Whisk together the beaten egg and melted butter.
- Pour egg mixture into flour mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Let batter sit 5 minutes while heating the grill.
- Use 1/4 cup measure to pour each pancake onto hot griddle (makes about 10 pancakes).
- DO NOT FLIP pancakes until air bubbles form and pancakes have started to rise.
- Serve immediately.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice