1 cup slivered carrots
1 tomato chopped
4 cups torn salad greens
1/2 cup chopped celery
2 bunches green onions, sliced
1 can Le Seur peas, drained well
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1 1/2 tablespoon sugar
1 cup shredded cheddar
4 hard boiled eggs, sliced
1/4 pound bacon, cooked & crumbled
Juice of 1 lemon
- Put tomatoes on the bottom.
- Layer carrots, salad greens, chopped celery, sliced green onions, and LeSeur peas in a salad bowl on top of tomatoes.*
- Whip together the mayonnaise, sour cream, and sugar and spread over vegetable layer making sure to seal the mayonnaise layer to the edge of the bowl - this keeps the air out and prevents the lettuce from wilting.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, eggs, cheese and bacon over the mayonnaise layer.
- Cover and refrigerate over night.
- Add lemon juice and toss just before serving.
NOTE: When adding cucumber or tomato be sure to place UNDER the lettuce!