4 white fish (cod, snapper etc...) 6 ounce fillets
1 large bunch green onions, sliced
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 lemon, sliced about 1/8-1/4 inch thick
2 teaspoons sugar divided
2 tablespoons green chile verde sauce
fresh ground salt and pepper to taste
- Melt coconut oil and butter in skillet over medium high heat.
- Saute onions a few minutes until tender.
- Add lemons around the edge of the pan.
- Sprinkle lemons with 1 teaspoon of the sugar.
- Generously salt and pepper the fish fillets and place in the center of the pan.
- Cook 3-4 minutes (depending on thickness) until opaque and then turn.
- Turn the lemons and sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Add chile verde sauce over the lemons.
- Add lid to the pan and cook another 3-4 minutes.