2 pounds hamburger
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 large red onion, chopped
2 cups V-8
1 can tomato sauce
2 cans diced tomatoes with juice
+/- 8 ounces beef broth
salt and pepper to taste
1 small head cabbage, shredded
1 cup pasta
- In a large saute' pan, brown hamburger with onion and garlic.
- Drain off fat and return to pan.
- Add V-8, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and broth, stirring to blend.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer over low heat 1-2 hours.
- Add cabbage and simmer 1 hour more.
- Add pasta and simmer 20 minutes more until pasta is tender.
If you like it thinner like soup, add more broth.