1 pound asparagus, wood ends trimmed
1 small Vidalia onion, chopped
1 large bunch green onions, sliced
1 cup sliced carrots
2 stalks celery, halved and sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 KNORR tomato bouillon cube
1 KNORR chicken broth gel tub
8 cups water
3 tablespoons butter, sliced and freezer chilled
1/2 cup white Moscato wine or Cream Sherry
1/2 cup heavy cream
6 ounces Mascarpone cheese, room temperature
1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 pound Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced (3 cups +/-)
1 tablespoon White Balsamic Vinegar
Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Whisk KNORR chicken broth gel tub and KNORR tomato bouillon cube into the water as you are bringing it to a boil.
- Add onions, carrots, asparagus, celery and garlic. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes until all vegetables are tender.
- Remove vegetables to a colander, retaining broth that drains off.
- While vegetables are draining whisk salt, pepper and red pepper into broth.
- Add potatoes and bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer cooking until potatoes are tender.
- While potatoes are cooking, process cooling vegetables until smooth.
- When potatoes are tender, slightly mash most of the potatoes.
- Return vegetable mix to the potato broth along with any broth that drained off.
- Add wine or sherry and vinegar blending well.
- Add in heavy cream and Mascarpone cheese stirring until cheese is melted and well blended.
- Serve with fresh Parmesan as garnish.