adapted from Recipe Girl
Original recipe in black adaptations in red
Prep time 30 minutes
Cook time 4 hours
3-4 pounds bone-in chicken pieces 2 pounds large chicken tenders
Kosher Salt Sea Salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 medium sweet onion sliced 1 large Vidalia onion, sliced
8 large garlic cloves, halved 8 large garlic cloves, quartered
several sprigs of fresh thyme
1 cup dry white wine
1/3 + 1/4 cup all-purpose flour Wondra
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, ground with mortar & pestle
1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- Sift together the 1/4 cup Wondra with salt, pepper and ground red pepper.
- Dredge the chicken in the Wondra mixture. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook the chicken quickly until it turns golden brown , flip and then remove to paper towels to drain.
- Combine the onion, garlic and thyme in a 5 to 6-quart slow cooker and season with salt and pepper. Top with chicken.
- In a small bowl, whisk together wine and flour until smooth and pour it over the chicken and into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook until the chicken is tender- 3 1/2 - 4 hours on LOW.
- Serve chicken topped with sauce.
- Serve over rice or potatoes.