1 English muffin per person
2 eggs per person
enough leftover sweet and sour pulled pork
- Prepare Hollandaise sauce.
- Toast English muffins.
- Poach eggs.
- Layer together starting with English muffin, pulled pork, poached egg and the hollandaise sauce.
1/2 cup butter
3 large egg yolks
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon salt
dash cayenne pepper or hot pepper sauce
2 tablespoons hot water
finely chopped fresh parsley, if desired
• Heat butter in a heavy saucepan until hot and foamy, but not browned.
• In a small bowl, whisk or beat egg yolks with lemon juice, salt, and hot sauce.
• Gradually beat in butter, then water.
• Return mixture to saucepan and beat over very low heat until mixture is slightly thickened.
• Serve immediately or let stand over warm water for up to 30 minutes.
• If desired, sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley before serving.
Makes about 2/3 cup of Hollandaise sauce.
This is a relatively good for you, tasty slow cooker recipe that is great for the freezer and a favorite of the kids, especially when you put it on a roll like a sloppy Joe. This is another recipe that I like to make in large portions and then freeze in portions after the initial meal which is great for week nights. In this case I will freeze the remainder for the Christmas Holiday gang we'll have.
6 pounds boneless pork sirloin roast
1/2 pound bacon, cut into pieces
1 large sweet Vidalia onion, sliced into rings
1 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1 1/4 cup apricot pineapple jam
2 1/2 cups brown sugar
1/4 cup molasses
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 teaspoon minced garlic, jar
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Cut the bacon into small pieces.
- Cut all large portions of fat off the roasts.
- Spray the crock pot with PURE and set for high.
- Place bacon on bottom with the roasts arranged over it.
- Slice onion into thin rings and layer over roasts.
- Whisk together the vinegar, soy sauce, molasses and honey.
- Add the brown sugar until dissolved.
- Whisk in the seasonings, garlic and jam.
- Bring to a SLOW BOIL.
- Pour over meat and onions.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours.
- Remove roast and shred meat. Return meat to slow cooker and cook another hour.
- For a more adult meal I thicken the gravy and serve it over mashed potatoes.