It was another scorcher here today of 112 degrees and monsoony humidity so we stayed inside and painted the bathroom and a bedroom. I'm exhausted though so decided to make this simple recipe for the grill. It was made even simpler by having the lime juice in the freezer. I buy the fruit and then squeeze it all at once making it into cubes for future recipes. And then even simpler yet by converting the fresh herbs into dry measurements and using a mortar & pestle to revive them. This was a substitute for tonight, but I highly recommend using the fresh when you can.HERBED BBQ CHICKEN
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup lime juice
2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
2 tablespoons fresh chopped oregano
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
4 chicken thighs, about 1 pound*
4 chicken drumsticks, about 1 pound*
- In a small food processor mix together everything except the chicken.
- Wash and dry the chicken pieces.
- Pour herb mixture into a large ziploc bag and add chicken pieces. Marinate chciken for 30 minutes to 24 hours.
- Heat grill and spray with PAM for grilling especially if using skin free pieces.
- Place chicken pieces on grill, reserving the marinade.
- Cook on one side and then turning to other side. Time will vary drastically based on type of chicken pieces you are using.
- Pour reserved marinade into a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over a medium-high heat and then remove from heat.
- Brush over chicken pieces.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!