Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. Be sure and stop by to see what it's all about!
- A big cup of coffee, fresh fruit (pineapple, apricots and grapes) and toast.
- Pool first to avoid the warmer water from the humidity of the recent storms and then the gym.
- Fix the washing machine.
- Chores, shopping and doctor appointment.
Menu Plan Monday hosted by Laura at I'm an Organizing Junkie
|Black Bean Chicken Nachos
|Pink Lemon Chicken
|Chicken & Tomato Spinach Salad
|Kentucky Hot Brown
|Baked White Fish
|Buttermilk Cinnamon Pancakes
|Twisted Pepper Steak
|Enchiladas Rancheras Lasagna
As I combine all my old blogs into this new one I'm also keeping a list of those recipes that I cannot in good conscience bring over until I remake them and take some decent pictures LOL.
I don't polish silver! I even sold my own and replaced it with gorgeous stainless, but I found this quick, easy AND super inexpensive recipe for cleaning silver! Here is the before picture:
Hubby helped as I have been a bit busy. He is trying to show you the instantaneous results he achieved with this formula below.
per large piece or place setting you will need:
1/2 cup baking soda
1 tablespoon salt
1 large piece aluminum foil
1 non-metal sink or wash tub
- Lay large piece of foil along the bottom of the sink.
- Fill the sink with VERY HOT water.
- Swirl in the baking soda and salt until well dissolved.
- Add silver or silverplate piece.
- Watch the magic. Allow it to sit a few minutes. The chemical reaction of the salt and baking soda transfers the tarnish to the piece of foil leaving you with a pretty silver piece.
- Rinse and dry!
For heavily tarnished pieces you might have to repeat the process. Hubby also found the reaction was quicker if you wrapped the foil around the pieces.
CHALLENGE: Is your guest area ready for guests?
Crazy for Crust that used to be one of my favorites and found she's still cooking up a storm.
Guidance as we move forward and start again in a home search. While we are sad that the home we had our heart set on is not not going to happen we are elated that we are realizing the signs are pointing (and have been we were just to dense to see) that we were meant to go in a different direction entirely.
2012 RUM RAISIN CARROT CAKE with CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
2011 COFFEE, COFFEE, I MUST HAVE MY COFFEE
2009 The Revival of Common Courtesy & Personal Service
2008 Fun Trivia ~ 500 year old facts ~ the 1500's
2007 The Domino Effect