1 cup butter, softened*
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 Jumbo eggs
2 3/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons Hershey's cocoa
3/4 cup chocolate chips, chopped
4 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add the eggs and blend well.
- Sift the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt and cocoa together. Gradually add to the sugar mixture until well blended.
- Stir in chocolate pieces.
- In a small bowl mix together the cinnamon and sugar.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and coat in cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 -12 minutes.
- Cool 2 minutes on pan and then transfer to wire rack to cool.
- Makes 4 dozen cookies.