I found an awesome sale recently on roasting chicken and more importantly found this awesome 8 pound bird. Yep, I said 8 pounds. I'm going to get several meals out of this one! As for the leftovers, I think we'll have a Chicken Caesar salad and some Chicken a la King - haven't had that in eons!
I will write the recipe though based on a standard size bird. I also swear I had bacon in the meat keeper, but it's not there now so today we made it with hard salami and guess what? It was awesome! Honestly the main purpose of the meat is to keep the moisture in.
BACON SALAMI ROASTED CHICKEN
3-4 pound roasting chicken
6 slices bacon, cut as necessary
1 cup favorite BBQ sauce
1/2 cup chicken broth
salt and pepper to taste
3 stalks celery, washed and halved lengthwise
3 large carrots, washed and halved lengthwise
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Clean and wash the chicken well.
- Layer celery and carrots on bottom of roasting pan.
- Pour broth over vegetables.
- Generously salt and pepper chicken.
- With a silicone basting brush, brush chicken with a layer of BBQ sauce.
- Basket weave the bacon together over the entire chicken.
- Brush another coat of BBQ sauce over the bacon.
- Roast chicken uncovered.
- Baste with BBQ sauce every 1/2 hour.
RULE OF THUMB FOR ROASTING CHICKEN:
30 minutes per pound up to 3 1/2 pounds.22-25 minutes per pound over 3 1/2 pounds
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!