This recipes makes either two loaves of moist yummy banana bread or one 9x13 cake. Top it off with Pineapple Cream Cheese Frosting for a super yummy dessert!
8 ounce can crushed pineapple, drained well*
3 large overripe bananas
2 JUMBO eggs
1 cup butter, softened
1/8-1/4 cup rum
1/2 cup golden raisins
1 tablespoon PURE maple syrup
1/2 cup crushed walnuts
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 3/4 cups flour
- Poor the rum over the raisins several hours before making the bread/cake.
- In a sauce pan melt 1 stick of the butter. Stir in the brown sugar, maple syrup and cinnamon until well incorporated.
- Add bananas stirring until smooth.
- Add the raisins and nuts and blend well. Set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl cream together the other stick of butter, sugar and eggs until well blended.
- Sift the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder into the cream mixture and blend well. It will have a thick cookie like consistency.
- Add the cooled banana mixture and blend until a smooth consistency.
- Pour into 2 prepared large bread pans or a 9x13 pan.
- Bake 45-50 minutes until tester comes out clean.
- Top with PINEAPPLE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
PINEAPPLE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
2 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon butter, softened
1 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon reserved pineapple juice
- In a bowl of electric mixer, combine cream cheese, butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract and reserved pineapple juice. Beat until smooth and of spreading consistency.