BAKED ONIONS with BROWN GRAVY2 large onions (I used a Vidalia and a Red)
1 1/2 cups prepared brown rice
2 slices multi grain bread, staled and crumbed
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon garlic
1 JUMBO egg, beaten
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Spray baking dish with PURE.
- Halve onions. Cut a flat spot on the bottom of each and remove all the insides except for the 2-3 thickest outer rings. Place onion cups in baking dish.
- Chop onion insides into fine pieces.
- Prepare brown rice and set aside.
- In a large skillet melt butter.
- Saute' onion until tender.
- Add garlic and saute' until fragrant.
- Add bread crumbs, prepared rice, cheese, beaten egg, salt and pepper taste.
- When well blended and egg is cooked fill the onion shells and place remaining rice mixture around the sides.
- Prepare gravy and pour all over the onions and rice mixture.
- Bake 1 hour.
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon minced garlic, jar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 cups hot water
2 tablespoons Better than Beef Bouillon
salt and black pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Whisk together the hot water and bouillon. Set aside
- Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, until the mixture is golden-brown and fragrant.
- Add the garlic and cook a few seconds more.
- Whisk in the beef broth and Worcestershire sauce.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a low boil.
- Reduce the heat to a low simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally until desired consistency.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!