I found the recipe for the croutons in some magazine. It was from Kraft, but fell in love with it and immediately adapted to our favorite salad. You can also make lots of the cream cheese croutons in advance and just pull out as many as you need each meal.grape tomatoes, halved
1 bunch green onions, sliced thin
English cucumber, sliced & chopped
Philadelphia cream cheese
walnuts, finely chopped (I used my mini food processor)
cream cheese croutons
- Cut the cream cheese into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Coat cream cheese cubes with the walnut pieces.
- Freeze overnight or up to 2 months.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare salad.
- Spray cookie sheet with PURE.
- Remove as many cream cheese cubes as you need 5 minutes before baking them.
- Spread out the cream cheese cubes.
- Bake for 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Toss salad with vinaigrette and top with croutons.
1 large green onion, minced
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon white sugar
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/3 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
juice of 1 lemon
juice of 1 lime
3/4 cup olive or peanut oil
- In a dressing bottle combine the garlic and onion. sugars, salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl whisk together the vinegar, lemon juice, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, oil, sugars, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the garlic and onion.
- Shake well to combine until well blended.