1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
2 squares Baker's semi-sweet chocolate
3/4 cup marshmallow cream
2 teaspoons PURE vanilla
1-2 teaspoons cherry extract
1 1/4 cup sugar
3 JUMBO eggs
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, chopped
1/3 cup chopped maraschino cherries
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup cake flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease (really well) a 9x9 baking pan. I like to use my stoneware for nice even baking.
- Melt butter and chopped unsweetened chocolate in a double boiler until smooth and consistent. Set aside to cool.
- Sift together the flours, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Toss chocolate chip pieces and walnuts with a bit of the flour mixture and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the eggs and vanilla until smooth and consistent.
- Add cooled chocolate mixture into the eggs and blend well.
- By hand stir in the flour mixture just until well blended - DO NOT over mix!
- Fold in the chocolate pieces, cherry pieces and walnuts just until well blended.
- Warm the marshmallow cream for 15-20 seconds in the microwave (just enough to make it spreadable) and spread it over the chocolate batter in the mixing bowl.
- With a knife gently and slightly swirl it lightly into the chocolate batter. If you swirl too much it will just become part of the batter instead of clumps of marshmallow.
- Gently pour the batter into the prepared ban and bake 40-45 minutes or until edges pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Cool the cake in the pan until completely cooled.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!