2 1/2 cups pinto beans
1 small onion, chopped fine
4 tablespoons bacon grease
4 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon sea salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1cup sour cream
1 cup cheddar/ Monterey Jack grated cheese
- Rinse beans and pick out any bad ones.
- In a small stock pot cover the beans with about 3 inches of water. If there are still any bad beans in there they will float to the top.
- Bring them to a boil, lower heat and simmer 2 hours or until skins break.
- In a heavy skillet (cast iron works best), melt the bacon grease and butter.
- Saute' onion until translucent.
- Add beans and stir well.
- Smash beans continuously until desired texture is reached.
- Transfer beans into a large mixing bowl.
- Use hand mixer and beat smooth.
- Add sour cream, salt, pepper and red pepper.
- Beat smooth again.
- Transfer into a 9x9 casserole and top with cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!