Every recipe we tried recently was excellent, but this dessert was melt-in-your-mouth decadently good! It was also rich so I'm very glad I made it in these small ramekins for individual servings!
SALTED CARAMEL CHEESECAKE CUPS
1/2 pound softened cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
2 JUMBO eggs at room temperature
1/2 cup sour cream
6 tablespoons light corn syrup
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon sea salT
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the cream cheese and sugar at medium speed until smooth.
- Add eggs, beating until incorporated after each egg.
- Beat in sour cream.
- Pour into ramekins.
- Set ramekins in a baking dish and add water to midway up the ramekins.
- Place in the center of the oven and bake 15-20 minutes until the edges are set, but the centers are still jiggly.
- Turn off oven and leave cheesecakes undisturbed for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour transfer ramekins to cooling rack and cool completely before covering.
- Cover and chill cheesecakes in the refrigerator at least several hours, preferably overnight.
- Meanwhile make the caramel.
- In a heavy saucepan heat the corn syrup.
- Stir in the sugar until well incorporated and cook over a moderately high heat, undisturbed until a deep amber caramel forms.
- Turn off heat and carefully stir in butter with a long spoon. Careful, it will spit.
- Add the heavy cream in a thin stream, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Add salt and blend well.
- Transfer the caramel to a heatproof container and allow to cool.
- Heat caramel in small increments until desired temperature.
- Pour a spoonful over each cheesecake and serve.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!