2 lbs ground beef
1 small onion diced
1 small can diced green chilies
1 recipe for Homemade taco seasoning (below)
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
2 cups shredded Colby-jack cheese
18-20 hard taco shells
- Preheat the oven to 400 ˚.
- In a large skillet brown ground beef and onion over medium-high heat.
- Drain off any excess fat.
- Return meat to the pan. Add chilies, refried beans, tomato sauce, and taco seasoning.
- Mix well and cook for a several minutes until consistency thickens.
- Spoon the taco meat mixture into the taco shells and place into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish, standing up.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top of the taco meat in each shell.
- Place into the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon white pepper