LEMON COOKIE CRUST
20 yellow Oreo cookies
4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Using a food processor grind cookies until crumbs.
- Add melted butter and process until well blended.
- Press crumb mixture into the bottom of a greased 9-inch springform pan and set aside.
24 ounces cream cheese
3/4 cup sugar
5 teaspoons cornstarch
4 eggs + 1 egg yolk
3/4 cup frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 drops red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, sugar and cornstarch beating until smooth.
- Add eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the lemonade, vanilla and red food coloring.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 200° and bake for 70 minutes or until center is set and is no longer shiny.
- Remove from oven and run a knife along the inside edge of the pan.
- Turn the oven off.
- Return cake to oven for 1 more hour.
- Chill, uncovered, overnight.
1/3 cup frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
Juice of 1 LARGE lemon
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 drop red food coloring
lemon slices for garnish
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the lemonade, lemon juice, food coloring and cornstarch over a medium high heat until well blended.
- Stir constantly until thickened and bubbly.
- Turn off heat and stir for a few minutes more.
- Pour over cheesecake.
- Garnish with lemon.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!