PASTEL DEVILED EGGS
This recipe is making the rounds these days and is absolutely perfect for the late Easter this year. These colored deviled eggs will make a beautiful addition to any Easter table! Also fun to do for baby or wedding showers as well.
12 LARGE eggs
- Place eggs in a large saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Set pan over medium-high heat and bring water to a boil.
- Turn off heat, cover pan with a lid and let sit for 12 minutes.
- Drain and rinse eggs under cold water.
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons pickle juice
2 teaspoons QUALITY mustard
4 tablespoons FINELY chopped dill pickles
FRESH ground sea salt and pepper (to taste)
- Peel shells off of the eggs.
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise and scoop out yolks into a bowl.
- Add mayonnaise, pickle juice, and mustard to bowl, then mash the yolks and stir until mixture is smooth.
- Stir in minced pickles and then season with salt and pepper.
- Place the mixture in a large ziplock bag.
- Cut the tip off of the ziplock bag and pipe the egg mixture back into the colored eggs.
6-8 ounces water in a cup
1 teaspoon white vinegar
GEL Food coloring
- Stir desired color of food coloring into cups of water.
- Add the vinegar to the colored water.
- Gently place boiled and peeled eggs into the cups.
- Let the eggs soak in the colored water for at least 10 minutes until desired shade is achieved.
- While the eggs are soaking in food colored water prepare the deviled eggs from the recipe above.
- Gently remove the colored eggs with a large slotted spoon and place them on a stack of paper towels to dry.
- Pat dry with additional paper towels.
- Fill with prepared egg mixture.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!