SALISBURY STEAK adapted adapted from the Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
1/2-1 pound FRESH mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon creamy horseradish
2 tablespoons jalapeno ketchup
1 packet LIPTON French onion soup mix
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1 tablespoon WONDRA flour
1/4 cup cream sherry
1 1/2 cups beef broth
FRESH parsley leaves as garnish
- Combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, Worcestershire, 1 tablespoon of the ketchup, horseradish, 1 tablespoon of the soup mix and some salt and pepper in a bowl and knead until well combined.
- Form into 4 oval patties, and using the side of your hand, make lines across the patties to give them a “steak” appearance.
- Place a HEAVY skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium high heat and add the butter.
- Add mushrooms, cooking until caramelized. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add oil and more butter if necessary.
- Fry the patties about 5 minutes per side until no longer pink in the middle.
- Remove from the skillet and pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the grease.
- Sprinkle the flour remaining grease and let cook for a minute.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and deglaze with the sherry, scraping up all the little bits from the bottom to release all the flavor.
- Return to the heat and add the beef broth, remaining ketchup and remaining soup mix. Bring to a boil and let thicken, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Fold mushrooms into gravy, stirring a minute or two to reheat mushrooms.
- Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Return the patties to the gravy, spooning a little gravy over each.
- Garnish with the parsley.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!