2 boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
1 + 1 tablespoons butter
1 Poblano pepper. stemmed, seeds removed and sliced
1 small yellow onion, sliced thin
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
¼ cup Cornstarch
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 +/- teaspoons Chipotle chile paste
¼ cup FRESH cilantro FINELY chopped
1 tablespoon QUALITY honey
Prepared white rice, mashed potatoes or pasta
2 tablespoons grated Cotija cheese
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, honey, 1 teaspoon of warm water, and as much of the chile paste as you’d like, depending on how spicy you’d like the dish to be – set aside until needed.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in non stick skillet.
- Add onions and peppers, sautéing 3-5 minutes until soft and beginning to caramelize.
- Season chicken pieces with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Coat chicken pieces with cornstarch, shaking off excess.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon butter to skillet.
- When butter is melted add chicken pieces in a single layer cooking 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned on all sides.
- Pour reserved sauce over chicken, stirring to coat well.
- Garnish with Cotija cheese and cilantro. Cilantro is also good added to rice, pasta or potatoes.