These cookies are meant to be dense because they are served warm with ice cream or drizzled caramel. For best results do NOT just eat them directly from the jar. If you want to just eat the cookie only, for the best flavor and texture heat it in the microwave for 15 seconds first 😀
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES ala MOLLY YEH
Level: Easy Total: 45 min Active: 25 min Yield: 12 servings
4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 cups light brown sugar
2 LARGE eggs, at room temperature
2 teaspoons PURE vanilla extract
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup milk chocolate chips
Flaky salt, for sprinkling
- Place an oven rack in the middle position.
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper an set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, salt and baking powder until combined. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and brown sugar until JUST combined, scraping down the bottom and sides as needed.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and beat to incorporate.
- Add the flour mixture and mix slowly until JUST BARELY combined.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop out a slightly-heaping, 1/2-cup scoop of dough and place on a prepared baking sheet.
- Lightly press the dough to flatten into the shape of a hockey puck. Repeat with the remaining dough, placing 6 cookies on each baking sheet and making sure to evenly space apart.
- Sprinkle the tops with flaky salt.
Bake the cookies until golden brown around the edges and lightly browned on top, 15 to 20 minutes.
- The additional flour in this
recipe makes for a more substantial cookie that stays firm. The recipe
I’ve been using for decades uses 3 1/2 cups flour and only 1 teaspoon of
- Molly’s recipe called for
semi-sweet and dark chocolate chips. The flavor of chips is up to you
and your flavor palette. I used semi-sweet mini chips and milk
- After placing on baking sheet they can be frozen for use at a later date. If baking from frozen start checking the cookies for doneness at the 20 minute mark.