At the price of meat these days I am trying to use every single little piece and let nothing go to waste! So far our Christmas dinner Prime Rib has also become Prime Rib quesadillas, prime rib barley soup, prime rib beef stroganoff, Prime Rib dip sandwiches and prime rib hash. And the Christmas eve turkey breast also became hot turkey sandwiches, cold turkey sandwiches and turkey tetrazzini.
LEFTOVER PRIME RIB BEEF STROGANOFF serves 4
Prep 5 minutes Cooking 15 minutes Total Time 20 minutes
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1 SMALL shallot, minced
1 small clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon WONDRA flour
½ teaspoon FRESH chopped tarragon
½ teaspoon dried ground sage
½ teaspoon FRESH chopped thyme
FRESH ground salt & pepper to taste
1/2 cup Beech Mushrooms stemmed, sliced small
3/4 cups beef broth
1 tablespoon QUALITY Worcestershire sauce
½ tablespoon Dijon Mustard (OPTIONAL)
1/2 cup leftover prime rib roast, sliced into 2 inch strips
1/8 cup sour cream
4 ounces egg noodles, prepared per package
1 tablespoon FRESH chopped parsley or chives (OPTIONAL)
- Heat the over medium high heat deep skillet.
- Add minced shallot and garlic and cooking for 1 minute to start sweating the shallot.
- Add butter and melt with the shallot and garlic.
- Sprinkle flour over the shallot and garlic until all of the flour is absorbed.
- Add seasoning tarragon, ground sage, thyme mushrooms and salt & pepper to taste stirring to combine.
- Add the beef broth, Worcestershire sauce and Dijon mustard if using, blending the flavors. Reduce heat to medium and allow to simmer (reducing heat as necessary to maintain a low simmer) for about 10 minutes. Gravy should thicken while simmering.
- Once gravy has simmered and reduced, slightly thickening, add the sliced prime rib pieces, stirring to coat.
- Cook an additional 2-3 minutes to heat the meat through completely.
- Remove from heat and fold in sour cream.
- Serve immediately over cooked pasta, rice, or potatoes.
- Top with chopped parsley or chives for garnish.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!