Anyone remember the old nightclub on the show Charmed? That is what inspired me to name this wonderful German Platz aka coffee cake.
P3 ~ PISTACHIO PLUM PLATZ
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup unsalted butter,SOFTENED
2 LARGE eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup WHOLE milk
1 teaspoon PURE vanilla
3 LARGE black plums, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray shallow baking dish(es) with non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add the softened butter with a pastry cutter or using gloved hands (my preference) until mixture is like coarse crumbs.
- Stream in eggs, milk and vanilla until well combined. Be sure to scrape down sides with a spatula to incorporate all the dry mixture. Mixture will be thicker and possibly lumpy JUST like it should be 😀
- Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth out evenly.
- Place plums slightly overlapped on top of batter. Set aside and make crumb topping.
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup crushed roasted with salt pistachios
- Mix all together using your hands again until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Distribute topping evenly over top of plums.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until fruit is soft and cake is cooked through.
NOTES: Other fruits that substitute well are peaches, cherries or nectarines .