ARTICHOKE MUSHROOM RAGU CHICKEN serves 2
3 cups mushrooms of your choice (I like a mix of cremini and shiitake), quartered or thickly sliced
1 large leek, thinly sliced
1 small shallot, sliced thin
2 green onions, sliced thin
1+1 tablespoons avocado oil
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts**
FRESH ground salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 cup dry white wine (Reisling)
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
1 tablespoon WONDRA flour
1 teaspoon apple or apricot jelly
15 ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, DRAINED WELL, and chopped
Torn FRESH tarragon
- Heat avocado oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and saute’ until beginning to caramelize.
- Add leeks, shallots and green onions, stirring until soft.
- Add artichoke hearts and stir to combine and heat through.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl, cover and keep warm.
- Wipe out skillet**.
- Add remaining oil to skillet and sear chicken for 2-3 minutes (depending on thickness), flip and sear other side.
- Remove chicken to plate.
- Deglaze pan with wine, scraping up bits from bottom.
- Add broth, return chicken to pan**, reduce to low.
- Whisk together butter and flour for a roux.
- Add jelly to roux.
- Add roux to sauce and simmer 5-8 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to cutting board. Cover and keep warm.
- Add in mushroom mixture and stir to heat through.
- Slice chicken and arrange over Buttermilk mashed potatoes.
- Top with mushroom ragu.
- Garnish with Tarrgon or Parsley.
NOTE: Many times I use thinly sliced chicken pieces like medallions and when I do I use a second pan to cook those while making the final sauce to keep the timing together as they do not need additional cooking time.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!