CHEDDAR PAN ROLLS
3-4 1/4 cups flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon salt 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
2 cups WHOLE milk
1 tablespoon butter
2 cups + 1/4 cup FINELY shredded cheddar cheese
1 LARGE egg white, beaten
- In a large bowl whisk together 2 cups of the flour, sugar, salt and yeast.
- In a small saucepan heat the milk and butter to 120°-130°.
- Add milk mixture into the dry ingredients, beating until smooth.
- Stir in cheese and enough flour to form a soft dough, but do not knead!
- Cover and let rise in a warm place 45-60 minutes until doubled in size. Dough will be soft.
- Punch dough down and divide into 2 portions.
- Shape each portion into 12 balls.
- Place your rolls into a greased 9×13 greased baking pan.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for another 45 minutes or so until double in size.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Brush with beaten egg white.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until golden.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese last 5minutes.