3 cups shredded chicken pieces (I use Costco rotisserie)
1 large red onion, diced
2 cans Green Giant white shoe peg corn, drained
3/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup chopped FRESH cilantro
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 cups grated Monterey Jack and Sharp Cheddar mix
3 cups chunky salsa
1 large green enchilada sauce
FRESH ground salt and pepper, to taste
corn tortillas (about 16)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a large baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix together the chicken pieces, diced onion, corn kernels, sour cream, cumin and cilantro until well blended.
- Add half of the cheese.
- Season with additional FRESH ground salt and pepper to taste.
- In a separate bowl mix together the salsa and enchilada sauce.
- Brush each tortilla with some of the sauce mixture and fill with 1/4-1/3 cup of chicken mixture.
- Roll up and place seam side down in baking dish.
- Repeat until chicken mixture is gone – about 16-18 tortillas.
- Spoon most of the remaining sauce evenly over top of enchiladas. Save just a lilttle to spoon over again when you remove the foil.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover in foil.
- Bake until heated through, about 30 minutes.
- Uncover and spoon remaining sauce over top.
- Bake 5 minutes more to brown cheese.