3 cups shredded chicken pieces (I use Costco rotisserie)
1 large red onion, diced
2 cans Green Giant white shoe peg corn, drained
3/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup chopped FRESH cilantro
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 cups grated Monterey Jack and Sharp Cheddar mix
3 cups chunky salsa
1 large green enchilada sauce
FRESH ground salt and pepper, to taste
corn tortillas (about 16)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a large baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix together the chicken pieces, diced onion, corn kernels, sour cream, cumin and cilantro until well blended.
- Add half of the cheese.
- Season with additional FRESH ground salt and pepper to taste.
- In a separate bowl mix together the salsa and enchilada sauce.
- Brush each tortilla with some of the sauce mixture and fill with 1/4-1/3 cup of chicken mixture.
- Roll up and place seam side down in baking dish.
- Repeat until chicken mixture is gone – about 16-18 tortillas.
- Spoon most of the remaining sauce evenly over top of enchiladas. Save just a lilttle to spoon over again when you remove the foil.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover in foil.
- Bake until heated through, about 30 minutes.
- Uncover and spoon remaining sauce over top.
- Bake 5 minutes more to brown cheese.
oh my goodness these look delicious. Mexican food is my absolute favoriteReplyDelete
What a delicious sounding recipe - my boys will love this. Thanks for sharing at Fiesta Friday.ReplyDelete
Oh, this looks delicious! The rotisserie chicken idea is brilliant, and I'm pinning this to make soon. Thanks for sharing at the TFT party!ReplyDelete
This looks amazing. I'm featuring it tomorrow at the TFT link party. :)ReplyDelete