STUFFED CHICKEN ALFREDO SHELLS
20 whole Jumbo Pasta Shells, Cooked And Drained
2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts or 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
FRESH ground salt And pepper, to taste
3/4 cups ricotta cheese (whole milk, NOT low-fat))
3/4 cups SMALL CURD cottage cheese (whole milk, NOT low-fat)
3/4+ 1/4 cups grated Mozzarella cheese
2+ 1/4 cups grated Parmesan cheese
2 whole LARGE eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup minced FRESH parsley
2 tablespoons minced FRESH basil
4 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
2 cups whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
4 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat a grill pan or iron skillet over medium heat, drizzle with avocado oil.
- Cook the chicken on both sides until cooked through.
- Remove and shred with two forks and allow to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, cottage cheese, mozzarella, 1 cup of the Parmesan cheese, eggs, 2 tablespoons of the fresh parsley, salt, pepper, and chicken, stirring to combine. Add heavy cream as necessary 1 tablespoon at a time. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter and sprinkle with the flour. Whisk and cook until the roux turns golden brown.
- Pour in the milk and cream, whisking constantly, and cooking for a few minutes, until thickened.
- Add the garlic, the additional 1 cup Parmesan, salt, pepper, 1 tablespoon minced parsley, and minced basil and stirring until well blended.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Set aside.
- Add 1 cup sauce to the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Using a spoon, fill each of the jumbo shells generously with the chicken/ricotta mixture.
- Lay them face down in the pan, then pour the sauce all over the top.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheeses.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until bubbly and the cheese is golden.