1/2 pound pork tenderloin and center cut boneless pork chops, cut into bite sized pieces
1+ cup snap peas, cleaned and halved
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon FRESH grated ginger
1/3 cup diced red pepper
1 small bunch green onions, thinly sliced keeping whites and greens separate
1 FRESH pineapple, halved and prepared for boats
1/2 cup rice, prepared to package directions
6 ounce can of pineapple juice (I often use pineapple orange)
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
2 teaspoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons PACKED brown sugar
1 tablespoon dry sherry
2 tablespoons avocado oil
2 teaspoons sweet and spicy chili sauce (I use MAGGI’s)
FRESH ground sea salt, to taste
1/3 cup water
1 tablespoon butter
- Halve pineapples and cut meat out leaving 1/2 inch all the way around. Cut pineapple into bite sized pieces.
- Whisk together the pineapple juice, vinegar and cornstarch until smooth.
- Add the brown sugar, sherry, chili sauce and FRESH ground salt.
- In a large skillet heat avocado oil over medium-high heat.
- Sear pork until browned and nearly cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Remove pork and allow to rest.
- Wipe out pan and return to heat.
- Add water and peas, cover and steam 2-3 minutes. DRAIN.
- Return pan to heat and add butter.
- Add ginger, garlic, onion whites and bell pepper, stirring until fragrant.
- Add pineapple pieces and sauce, simmering a few minutes until thickened.
- Fold in pork pieces.
- Put a thin layer of rice into each pineapple boat.
- Portion pork mixture into boats and top with scallion greens.