Ruth’s recipe used lemon jello, but it is a simple thing to change up the flavor to your liking. I mixed a box of cherry and lemon, using only half then and saving the other half for another time. You can also substitute ginger snaps for the vanilla wafers or mix in some pretzels for and extra crunch…
1 small box Vanilla Wafers (crushed to make 2 cups of crumbs)
6 tablespoons butter, melted
8 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Juice and zest of 1 LARGE lemon + hot water to equal 1 cup
1 LARGE can Carnation milk (VERY COLD)
1 can pie cherries in glaze (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Crush wafers and mix with melted butter until well mixed.
- Press crumb mixture into the bottom of
an 8 or 9 inch spring form pan. If you use the 8 it will COMPLETELY
fill the pan. If you use the 9 inch it provides a couple more pieces,
just not as tall. 😀
- Bake for 10 minutes and then cool.
- Whisk jello into hot water mixture until dissolved.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Add in jello mixture until well blended.
- Beat carnation milk with chilled beaters until very stiff.
- Fold whipped milk into cheesecake mixture and pour into cooled crust pan.
- Chill AT LEAST 8 hours, but this cheesecake is best made 24 hours in advance!
- Top with whipped cream or pie cherries and enjoy!
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!