You can also vary the flavors for some extra alternative flavor. Use your imagination and make up your own combinations.
3-4 packages phyllo pastry cups – thawed
1 pound bacon, cooked well and crumbled into very small pieces (very fine ground beef/shredded beef)
1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese (today I used a Jack and Skellig Sweet Cheddar combo)
1/2 cup medium Cheddar cheese
1 cup mayonnaise (not Low-fat)
1 can Rotel original, drained REALLY well (when I use shredded beef I trade this for a 4 ounce can of diced jalapenos that I chop very fine)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend the mayonnaise and cheeses together.
- Fold in the tomatoes and bacon.
- Scoop evenly into the cups (this will fill about 36).
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 15-18 minutes or until starting to brown and get bubbly.