11 ounce package dark chocolate pieces
1/2 cup butter
3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
Creme-de-Menthe Filling (BELOW)
Dark Chocolate Ganache (BELOW)
- In a medium saucepan, melt and stir 4 ounces (3/4 cup) of the dark chocolate pieces, butter, and the unsweetened chocolate over low heat.
- Remove from heat; cool.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over the edges of the pan. Grease foil; set aside.
- Stir sugar into the cooled chocolate mixture in saucepan.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating with a wooden spoon JUST until combined.
- Stir in vanilla.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Stir in the remaining 7 ounces (1-1/2 cups) dark chocolate pieces. Spread batter evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Spread Creme-de-Menthe Filling over cooled brownies.
- Place uncut brownies in the refrigerator while preparing the Dark Chocolate Ganache.
- Spread slightly cooled Dark Chocolate Ganache over Creme de Menthe Filling, spreading to the edges with a spatula.
- Cover and chill about 1 hour or until set. Using the edges of the foil, lift the uncut brownies out of the pan. Cut into bars.
- Place brownies in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
3 ounce package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
3 cups powdered sugar
3 tablespoons GREEN creme de menthe
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and butter.
- Beat on medium speed with an electric mixer for 30 seconds.
- Gradually beat in 1 cup of the powdered sugar.
- Beat in creme-de-menthe.
- Gradually beat in remaining powdered sugar. If necessary beat in 1 tablespoon of additional milk to make the filling slightly thicker than a frosting
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 11 ounce package dark chocolate pieces
- In a medium saucepan, bring whipping cream JUST to boiling over medium-high heat.
- Remove from heat.
- Add dark chocolate pieces (do not stir).
- Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir until smooth.
- Cool for 15 minutes.
- Pour over brownies and QUICKLY spread evenly.