1/2 pound ground beef
1/2 pound ground pork
3/4 cup WHOLE milk
1 LARGE egg
3 slices white or sourdough bread, torn up into small pieces
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup finely chopped onion (or substitute ½ tablespoon onion powder)
2 cloves garlic, minced (or substitute
⅛ teaspoon garlic powder)
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
2 tablespoons FRESH chopped cilantro (or substitute ½ teaspoon ground coriander)
½ cup Jalapeno ketchup**
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Combine all ingredients except the ketchup in a large bowl JUST until well blended. Do NOT overwork.
- Spread mixture into an un-greased loaf pan or shape into a loaf on a sheet pan.
- Spread ketchup on top of meatloaf.
- Cook for an hour to an hour and 15 minutes, until a meat thermometer reads 160.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.